Reevaldo: how image rights work
Reevaldo signed for Kings Cross United FC (KC United) during the summer transfer window in 2018. Being such a popular and high profile player, in addition to the employment contract the club proposed an image rights agreement.
But what exactly are image rights, and what do image rights agreements look like?
In our latest Reevaldo post, we look at various issues around image rights including:
- Whether image rights exist under English law;
- What clubs and player negotiate in relation to image rights;
- The difference between image rights in a 'Club capacity' and 'Personal capacity';
- HMRC's position with regards to image rights; and
- What an image rights agreement actually looks like.
You can find the Reevaldo post about image rights here.